The late Pran was one of the most celebrated actors of Indian cinema. He had a six-decade long career, between the 1940s – 1980s, in which he acted in around 362 films. The powerhouse performer was known for his impressive screen presence and impeccable dialogue delivery in films like Khandaan, Madhumati, Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai, Upkar, Shaheed, Victoria No. 203 and Purab Aur Paschim.
He shot to fame as a villain in films like Azaad, Devdas, Madhumati, Dil Diya Dard Liya, Ram Aur Shyam Aadmi, Ziddi, Munimji, Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti among others. He played lovable character roles in Victoria No. 203, Be-Imaan, Zanjeer, Don, Amar Akbar Anthony and Duniya.
Known as ‘The villain of the millennium’ the actor’s dialogues are etched in the hearts of every cinegoer. As we celebrate the legendary actor’s birth anniversary today we look back at 10 of his most famous dialogues.
- Sher Khan kaale ka dhanda karta hai … lekin imaandari se. –Zanjeer (1973)
- Karz chukane wale ki yaadash aksar kamzoor ho jati hai.-Karz (1980)
- Zulm karne waala bhi paapi… zulm sehne waala bhi paapi. -Ganga Ki Saugand (1978)
- Kapde badalne se aadmi ki asliyat nahi badal jaati – Naseeb (1981)
- Musalman ke yahan parvarish, Hinduon se dosti aur angrezon ke shaunk rahe hai mere – Karz (19980)
- Chaand ko apni chaandni sabit karne ke liye … chiragon ki shahadat ki zaroorat nahi padhti – Shahenshah (1988)
- Ek baar mann ko saaf kar lo … bar bar snaan nahi karna padega – Ganga Ki Saugand (1978)
- Sher Khan ne shaadi nahi ki toh kya hua … lekin baaraatein bahut dekhi hai – Zanjeer (1973)
- Sachai apna saboot khud hoti hai – Shahenshah (1988)
- Sher Khan aaj ka kaam kal par nahi chodta – Zanjeer (1973)