Thanks to his brave choices and sticking to his gut, Ayushmann Khurrana has earned a massive following in a short span of time. The last few years in particular have helped the actor establish a status of Mr. Reliable in Bollywood thanks to the back to back hits. His last release Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan too has managed to strike the right chord with the audience and is going strong at the ticket windows. So, we decided to get in touch with the man of the moment for a quick rapid-fire round.
- What does Ayushmann do on the day of his release?
I pray… I chant…
- One film of yours you thought would not work at the box-office but did wonders.
Article 15. I thought this film will not get such commercial success. I thought it will get critical acclaim and will achieve an okay number at the box-office.
- One role of Vicky Kaushal and Rajkumar Rao you wish you had done?
Vicky Kaushal’s Uri and Rajkumar Rao’s Newton.
- Anything you don’t like about the industry?
Too many awards…
- What do you think about Indian cinema?
This is the golden period of Indian cinema. The kind of cinema… the films that we have made and the kind of opportunities that we have as an artist ye pahle kabhie nahi the, so this is the best time.
- Anything you want to change about the industry?
I think work times could be slightly easy. Because it’s a creative zone. We should not be working for more than 8 hours technically. We work for 12-14 hours. We should work in 8 hours shift. It Just keeps you fresh and excited.
- Deepika Padukone or Alia Bhatt – if you had to select one as your co-star for your next film?
It depends on the character actually. The next film I want to do… usme toh dono nahi ho sakte. But I want to work with both.
- Who are your favourite actress?
Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt, Bhumi Pednekar and Taapsee Panuu.
- True or false – Men think about sex all the time?
Almost true (laughs). All the time is not possible yaar. (laughs) But yes, in free time we think about that.
- Dream left unachieved…
I want to play a singer and a sport person in a film.